Daughters of the Nile. Women and Society in Ancient Egypt offers the possibility of guided tours, which provide an in-depth look at all the contents of the exhibition.
The guides in charge of these tours are experts in Egyptology and, with their help, visitors can live a unique experience, which will allow them to explore Pharaonic Egypt, visit burial chambers, admire sumptuous jewelry and attire, marvel at the beauty of everyday life depicted in papyri and reliefs; in short, to plunge into the mysteries of a civilization in which women played a key role and benefited from an independence unknown in other contemporary cultures or even subsequent periods.
To participate in this activity, bookings must be made in advance via the website, as each group has a maximum capacity of 15 people. Tours will be given in Spanish, apart from Saturdays at 18:00 hours when we will also offer a tour in English, and will last approximately one hour.
For the little ones, we offer themed guided tours focused on various areas that are later developed in an educational workshop. Of an approximate duration of 3 hours, parents and children can choose between:
- cartonnage guided tour and workshop
- jewelry guided tour and workshop
- funeral masks guided tour and workshop
There are various options available for guided tours depending on visitor needs:
- Admission ticket + guided tour at specific times: €20 per person.
- Monday to Sunday: 11.00 m., 12.00 m., 1.00 p.m., 4.00 p.m., 5.00 p.m., 6.00 p.m. and 7.00 p.m.
- Admission ticket + exclusive guided tour for up to 15 people and at the time requested: Admission price + €100
- Admission ticket + guided tour + workshop for families (adult + child pack): €25. €5 per extra person/child (up to 4 children per adult).
- Tuesday and Friday from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult.